Sunday, December 05, 2010

Traditions

I love traditions. Sometimes they can be a bit stressful and cumbersome, but for the most part I love what a tradition represents and the memories that they create. This time of year seems to bring out traditions in full force. We had traditions in our house growing up. Some I hated, ie. having to have my mom comb and hairspray, that's right, AquaNet, my hair on Christmas morning before I could come downstairs so that my hair "would look good for the pictures." And others I loved, ie. going to cut our Christmas tree at the tree farm the day after Thanksgiving every year.

Ryan and I have tried to create traditions in our home for ourselves and for our children to have as well. We have lived our entire marriage away from family, so, we have been forced to make our own holiday traditions, and that's okay. Some of them are carried over from our own childhoods, others we started our first years of marriage, and other we have added as the years have gone on. Either way, they are special to us, and I hope will be memories for our children to take with them when they have families of their own. So, a few Alexander traditions for the Christmas holidays....

No comments:

Post a Comment