Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tradition #6

Christmas Morning.

Growing up we always read the Christmas story before we opened gifts as a family. Ryan and I started doing this together our very first Christmas that we were married, and have continued to do it every year. I remember as a kid thinking that Luke 2 had to be the longest chapter of the Bible and my Dad the slowest reader of all mankind. Could we not just get to the presents already. And, watching my kids as their Dad reads, I can't help but wonder if they are having those same thoughts. But as an adult, I love it and never tire of hearing those verses.

This year for the first time in my life that I can remember, we woke up to an actual, real deal, white stuff on the ground, White Christmas! What a treat! I sat there with my kids, in a warm house with a our tree and gifts, snow on the ground, breakfast in the oven, and Ryan reading Luke 2. My my heart was so full. Overflowing with gratitude. A moment I wanted to stand still. God has been so good to us. We are truly blessed.











No comments:

Post a Comment