Thursday, January 29, 2009

Words for your walls also know as wall words.

So, I have been aspiring to join the many who are currently decorating their homes in these super cute little sayings and captions with vinyl letters and characters that stick onto your walls. As we have established I am not artsy, (although, thanks for the vote Casey) but I thought if I can just tell someone, and by someone I mean ML, what I want, and then get that someone to print what I want for me, and then bribe hubz into placing them on the wall for me, it's virtually fool proof right? And boy was I right!

We will start with the master bedroom. This room has been the catch-all, eye sore, cave-like, close the door when you have people over room since we have lived here. I was so over it and hubz promised for my birthday and Christmas...and Valentines Day, President's Day, Groundhog Day, etc. that he would be a willing participant in a master bedroom makeover for me. So, over Christmas vacation we, scratch that, he painted the moldings, the walls, two walls in the bathroom, and, AND laid new flooring too! It is a gorgeous blue that hubz picked out and I just love it! It brings a smile to my face every day!
We have big plans for the walls in there, including but not limited to a monogram over our dresser and a big black and white pic of Whales Head Beach where we were engaged, but for now I was concentrating on the area above our closet doors. So after searching high and low I finally decided on what I wanted to put up there and then enlisted the help of ML and her cricut. And here is the finished project...


I am in love people! With hubz and my new words for my walls.

Stay tuned for the next installment of words for your walls--two more rooms to come.

3 comments:

  1. I love it too!! It looks great, Marty! I have often thought of doing this to my walls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really good. Sure wish I could see it in person. Well you know what they say, wish in one hand...

    ReplyDelete