Thursday, June 03, 2010

A Decade

Cannot believe that it has been ten years since this day!








Ryan and I met in college, second semester of my freshman year and his sophomore year. I can still vividly remember the first day he introduced himself to me in the cafeteria. We had both just come out of bad relationships, and had no interest in getting into another relationship. Small talk, 'nice to meet you', and bubye. That was it. But we had mutual friends, so we kept finding ourselves hanging out at the same places. Long and short of it, we became inseparable. You know, the all night phone conversations, every spare minute together, every meal together. We had it bad. But of course when asked would always say, we were 'just friends.' It's quite comical actually! We dated for one year, were engaged for another year, and then married on June 3, 2000.

And what a crazy ride the last ten years have been. We have had highs and lows, ups and downs, across town moves and across the country moves, good days and bad days, great jobs and not so great jobs, good times and not so good times. We have weathered and we have strengthened.

The 'd' word has never been an option for us. It isn't even on the table. In my opinion marriage is a choice. Feelings are fleeting, looks come and go, and as years go by, people change, but we chose each other. Come what may, good or bad, we are in this for the long haul.

Ryan, you work countless hours to provide for our family. You always have time for our kids. You support the heck out of me, and are always trying to make things better for us. You love Jesus and lead our family in the ways of Christ. I am so grateful for the man that God ordained for me before he laid the foundations of the earth. He created us to do life together, and I could not have asked for a better partner. I am so grateful you are my teammate on this journey. Here's to 100 more years! I love you!

2 comments: