Monday, June 14, 2010

Adventure Week


I am so proud of my girl today! This week is Adventure Week at our church. A few weeks ago there were tryouts for the praise team for this week, and when I told P about them, she was all about it. I said, "P, you know what a tryout means, right?" "Yes, mom! I might make it, but I might not." Okay then, off you go! Have fun! And, she made it. The praise team kids are on stage with the leaders and sing and do the choreography for the praise and worship songs. The kids were divided into two teams, one for the morning and one for the afternoon. Peyt is on the morning team.

We have been hearing the songs and seeing the dances for days now. They had one last practice yesterday afternoon, and then this morning was the first day. Her daddy dropped her off, and then I brought Mason with me to see the opening songs. They started the first session and all of the praise team kids come running out onto the stage clapping and getting in their spots. There was my girl, front and center. Gettin' her worship on for Jesus. Could. Not. Stop. The. Tears. So many thoughts and emotions going through my mind as I watched her. She did not seem one bit nervous being in front of over 600 other kids. She looked like she was having the time of her life. I watched her and thanked God for our church. I thanked Him for Peyt and her heart for Him. I prayed that she will always be 'front and center' in her testimony for her God. And that she will always be 'brave' in her praise and worship for the Father, no matter who is watching her. My heart is full! I am one proud momma today folks!

P--Daddy and I could not be any prouder of you. It makes our hearts so happy to see you worshipping Jesus with all of your little heart. May you never lose that, sweet girl! May you always honor Him and want to worship and praise Him with your life no matter who is watching you. He is great and worthy of our praise! We love you little praise team girl!

2 comments:

  1. That'a girl P! Front and center, clapping on the 3-5 beat!!! You make Nick (and Nick) proud too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful opportunity for her. Tell her I am also very proud of her trying out and making the team. Our Jesus smiled when He seen her praising Him today.

    ReplyDelete