Monday, January 04, 2010

New Year of Writing My Stories

I am not big on new year's resolutions. Knowing I have to do something or not do something feels like I'm just setting myself up for failure. I guess it's the rebel in me that revolts. Not my thing. Anyway, a few days ago hubz sent me the link to this blog post by Don Miller. I have been wanting to read his book A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, and after reading this post, it is definitely on my book list.
Number one on his list for "writing your story" is to 'want something.' And this year one of the things I want is to pray for Ryan, Peyton, and Mason daily. Sure, I have prayed for them up to this point; praying isn't a totally new concept to me. ha! But I want to be intentional about it.

Specifics, not just in generals.

I have a chart for thirty-one days of the month that I plan to use. So, I thought for the next month I will post my prayer for each day, in case anyone wants to join me. Obviously, I am a couple of days behind, so let's play catch-up, and then we will be on task tomorrow for the rest of the month.

1st--SALVATION--I pray that my family would obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory. II Tim. 2:10.

2nd--GOD'S GRACE--May my family grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. II Peter 3:18.

3rd--LOVE--Father, grant that my family would learn to live a life of love, through the Spirit who lives in them. Eph. 5:2.

4th--INTEGRITY--Lord, may integrity and uprightness protect my family because their hope is in you. Ps 25:21.

Can't wait to get my prayer on for my peeps! Claiming and believing that God is working each of these virtues into each member of my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment