Sunday, January 03, 2010

Christmas Eve 09

Our tradition continued this year with attending the Christmas Eve service at our church. It is a wonderful opportunity to go to "big church" as a family, focus on the season and what we are celebrating, and to take communion together. There is no childcare for this particular service, and taking a three year old into the main service can be a bit hairy. So we went in armed with snacks and the Leapster! Both of the kids did great, and I loved getting to worship as a family.
After the service we headed to our friends the Stewarts for a little Christmas Eve get together. This is our second year to have Stew Christmas Eve, and I think it is becoming a tradition as well. The invite was extended to quite a few families this year. The Stews are brave! And gracious hosts to boot! We like to be in our own home for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning so we choose not travel, but having no family in town is sometimes tough when it comes to holidays and special events. I am grateful for the friends that we have that "do life" with us and embrace us like family.
In the spirit of traditions, the kids got to open one gift before bed. This gift is the same every year, new Christmas p.j.'s. "Here's your gift kids! Bet you can't guess what it is!"

We read the "Night Before Christmas" together, and then the treats were left for Santa, and this year P threw in a little treat for the reindeer as well as a note for Santa. The note--

Deer S. Nick,
Whey cant we se you. can you please wake me up. Can I see all your raindeer & take a short ride. I'm shore my parints wont minde. And if you say no I just hop you write back.
Your's troly,
Peyton Alexander
P.S. Please give the raindeers one caret each.


And here they are showin' off new p.j.'s! Gosh, I love these kids!


1 comment:

  1. Awe...what a sweet letter. Did Santa write back?? I do hope so. :o)

    ReplyDelete