Monday, January 24, 2011

Snowpocalypse?

In an unusual turn of events for those of us living in the South... snow, snow, and more snow. A couple of weeks ago we woke up to about 6" of the white stuff. Wow! It was as much snow as I have seen on the ground since the blizzard of '93. Which Ryan totally makes fun of when I say, but I'm telling you, it happened.

Needless to say there was no school, and lucky for me, no work for Daddy, so, we took the opportunity to play. And, I got to introduce them to one of the pleasures of snow, also known as snow cream. Big fans!

This snow was the perfect kind of snow for playing; not wet, just good, powdery snow. And we took full advantage!

About now is when I was thanking my lucky stars I had told Gran Gran to order a couple of kids some snow boots this Christmas.









Day 2 of the snowpocalypse began a labor of love...Frosty.

Bless them, as evidenced by the pictures, they worked day and night to bring him to life.










Loved the time with my fam and the memories we got to make! That having been said, bye bye snow, we will see you again some time next year.

1 comment:

  1. Frosty, you're cute and all, but bring on your friend, Shamoo the pool float.

    ReplyDelete