Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's the first day of the 1st grade!



Summer is officially over and now it is time to head back to school. Because of Ryan's change of jobs, P got to change schools this year. This school is a good bit larger than the one that she went to last year. She has one of her good friends that goes to the same school, but they did not end up being placed in the same 1st grade. Bummer! But we are going to make the best of it. So, this Monday was her first day of the 1st grade and needless to say, she was a bit nervous. New school, new teacher, new people, and no Mommy? I mean come on, that's an anxiety attack waiting to happen! But all in all, I think she did great!

We prayed on our way to school that she would be comforted knowing that Jesus was walking with her all day. I'm not gonna lie--she and I both got a little teary. Ryan was able to go along with us for the first day, so the whole clan walked her into her classroom and of course, had to really embarrass her and take some pics of her at her desk. She walked in and sat down in her desk like a champ.




I just love these people!!

P--We are super proud of you our little first grader! We are excited to see what God has in store for you in a new school, with new experiences, and new opportunities for you to show His love to others. Work hard and do your very best as unto the Him and not unto men! Love you little sugar! Let your light shine!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe school has begun for you all already! No FUN!
    however, I love your idea of the night out. I'm sure that's really special for her. I love the school list as well. That's my kind of list!

    ReplyDelete