Tuesday, June 09, 2009

BFF



A couple of weeks ago R got to play Mr. Mom for about five days. He let me get on a plane on the 22nd and fly to Midland, TX to surprise my dear friend Marleah for her birthday. What a guy, huh? R and the kids dropped me off at the airport on Friday afternoon and after much wailing and gnashing of teeth I said good-bye to Ryan, got my bag, waved at the kids, and headed for a mini vacation. It's the first time I have flown since we moved here, and can I just say, I have watched way too much 24!

Ryan and I moved to Midland one year into our marriage and five months into a pregnancy. He took his first ministry position with students and so off we went to serve in a church there. Marleah was Ryan's administrative assistant and was also married to Robert during the first year or so that we lived there. We became close friends, and I don't think there was much of a weekend or American Idol episode that we didn't spend together. Very fun times with lots of laughs! Sweet memories.

I got to Midland late Friday night and M had no idea I was coming. M's sister picked me up from the airport and brought me back to the house. We walked in the front door and Amy told Mar she brought a friend with her...Mar gave me the once over and once she realized who I was, her jaw hit the floor. Fantastic!! It was great to see her and the genuine shock was just the icing on the cake!

We had not seen each other in over two years, but the beauty of our relationship--it was like we hadn't missed a day. We talked and laughed until our sides ached. Marleah is without a doubt one of my dearest and closest friends. We just get each other. I hate the miles that separate us and wish we could see each other more.

Mar-You are my best friend, and I am so grateful for your friendship. I love you much, my dear friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment