Saturday, May 24, 2008

Goodbye Kindergarten... Hello First Grade!

Well, we no longer have a kindergartener in our house... we are officially on our way to first grade! What a year... and how quickly the time has gone. (I feel like such an old person when I say that, but it is so true!)

This is Peyton on her first day of school in August...




And this is her leaving for her last day of kindergarten last week...




So many milestones for this soon to be first grader this year but the highlight for us was in January...

On January 22, 2008 to quote P, "I asked my Heavenly Father into my heart" What a pleasure that was for Ryan and me to see her choose to believe in and follow the God that we know and love and strive to teach her about daily. She prayed and asked Jesus into her heart by herself at nap time and came out to share her decision with us. Whatever it takes to keep from taking a nap, right? We have watched her little personality and have seen her truly begin to try to make choices in light of being "God's little princess". She has such a sweet spirit about her and a true desire to learn when it comes to Jesus and what He asks of us as His followers.

P--may you always seek to love, honor, and serve our Savior. Seek after Him like the air that you breathe. I pray that your Dad and I will always teach you the love and complete acceptance of Christ as well as His love and desire for those who do not know Him. We are so proud of you! And we have "No greater joy than to know that our children are walking in truth." III Jn 1:4

2 comments:

  1. Marty,

    This was a beautifully written entry. That is wonderful news! I can imagine no greater joy than when your child becomes a Christ follower. I had tears in my eyes while I was reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm digging you called her P- glad that has caught on.

    ReplyDelete